Sunday, November 18, 2012

Camp Music Festivals

 Another one of my favorite things is to go live music shows, and particularly camping music festivals. Woodstock is probably the best known camping music festival. I have heard many people say "I wish I was alive so I could have experienced Woodstock". Though the festivals I go to aren't called Woodstock, they are exactly the same. Though, unfortunately Jimmy Hendrix is no longer alive to wale on his guitar anymore, there are  many talented musicians that play at these festivals.

I believe that Bonnaroo is the largest populated camp music festival in the United States, but don't quote me on that. I attended Bonnaroo last year and it was too large of a festival for me. 156,000 people attended Bonnaroo last year.

I prefer smaller music festivals like ; Electric Forest, Wakarusa, Summer Camp, and All Good. Those festivals usually bring a crowd of anywhere from 15,000- 30,000 people.

There are a couple of bands that are known to frequent these festivals. My favorite are Sound Tribe Sector Nine, Galactic, String Cheese Incident, Big Gigantic, Pretty Lights, Wookiefoot, Keller Williams, and Bassnectar. I have seen all of these bands multiple times, and every time is a completely different experience.

I encourage everyone to go to at least one camp music festival in their lives. You will never be the same afterwards.


No comments:

Post a Comment