Sunday, November 4, 2012

For the Love of Art

            Another one of my loves in life is art. Art is a general term which can encompass many mediums. My favorite art to create is blown glass. I trained for 2 semesters at the Multi Arts Center in Stillwater, Oklahoma. I learned to make paper weights, small vases, and small plates. When adding colored glass to the clear molten glass, the colored glass burns as different shades of oranges, yellows, and reds. It is amazing to see the liquid glass spinning on a metal rod being spun continuously. Below is a picture of me collecting the molten glass from the "Keeper".


       I also enjoy painting, but I feel I don't paint as well as I blow glass. My favorite artist is Alex Grey. He has done a lot of art work for the band Tool. A lot of his work deals with human anatomy, and the energy grids in the universe. Here are a couple of my favorite pieces by Alex Grey ;






right ; Gaia

bottom left ; Ayahuasca Visitation

No comments:

Post a Comment