Sunday, November 4, 2012

Yeah Mon!

    I have mentioned my favorite activity, and favorite artist. It seemed fit too name another of my favorites. My favorite place that I have been is Jamaica. I have been to Jamaica 2 times and traveled to all of the big cities. My favorite part of Jamaica is Negril. It is settled on the south east coast. There is a 7 mile long white sand beach, and its beauty surpasses any beach I have ever seen.

   Jamaica is a unique place. The official language of Jamaica is English. But I have observed that most people speak Patois. Patois is a local language that resembles a mix of French and English, and is considered Jamaican Creole by linguists. Most of the local dishes are spicy. A famous dish that hails from Jamaica is Jerk Chicken. It is, in my opinion, delicious!  A lot of Jamaicans eat curry goat, Ackee fish, Red Snapper, and Oxtail. I tried all of the above, and they were all amazing. I love Jamaican food.

   Jamaica is also known for it's population of a religion called Rastafarianism. The Rastafarian religion is most known for its practice of using Marijuana.

I have included a few of my pictures from Jamaica.



No comments:

Post a Comment