Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Future

 Another thing I love is science. I subscribe to Discover magazine, and read Science Daily. There have been some articles about very interesting things lately. I am going to share my favorite find of this year.

How would you like to be able to grow new teeth? That would be awesome right?! Well, researchers at the College of Dental Medicine at Nova Southeastern University( http://singularityhub.com/2012/05/10/toothless-no-more-researchers-using-stem-cells-to-grow-new-teeth/)  have been using stem cells to regenerate teeth in mice, and monkeys! And clinical trials for humans will be starting soon. This is exciting to me! I have always had dreams of losing teeth, and then growing them back in. It is pretty neat to think that in the near future that growing new teeth will be possible.


I am not sure how dentists will like this new science. If people could regrow teeth, it seems like a dentist would lose a lot of money.





No comments:

Post a Comment