Sunday, November 25, 2012

Essential Oils and Massage Therapy

    When I was 18 years old, and fresh out of highschool, I decided that I would go to massage therapy school. I graduated massage school in 2005. I worked in spas for around 3 years before I go burnt out and decided to go to a four year college. Though I am glad I am about to graduate with my Bachelors in English, I do not regret attending massage school.  I learned many things about energy, the human body, and plant oils. Massage therapy and essential oils are some of my favorite things.



   Many people are not aware of the amazing physical benefits of massage therapy. So many people are on painkillers. Painkillers cover up pain, they do not fix the problem. The only way to fix your muscle tissue is through massage. When a muscle is fatigued or stressed it tends to tense up, and constrict blood flow to the muscle tissue. This creates tense muscles, and eventually trigger points. Massaging muscles brings new blood and oxygen to your muscles. With enough massage pain can be treated, and can eventually go way.


Essential oils are oils that are extracted from plants. I like to use my oils in a nebulizer diffuser. The diffuser breaks down the oils into such fine particles that it is easily inhaled and goes to the blood stream. There are a lot of essential oils distributors, but not all of them use pure oils. My favorite company to produce oils is Young Living. I love to diffuse Eucalyptus when I feel a cold coming on, and Lavender to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment